List of active policies
|Site Policy||Site policy||All users|
|Cookies Policy||Site policy||Authenticated users|
Terms and Conditions for Using the Mayo Education Centre e-Learning Website.
Terms & Conditions
Mayo Education Centre e-Learning Website
Welcome to the Mayo Education Centre e-Learning website where you may book summer courses and/or other courses run by Mayo Education Centre in association with the Department of Education & Skills. These terms and conditions govern your use of the site. Please read them carefully and tick the box at the end to indicate your agreement. By booking a course you agree to accept without modification the Terms and Conditions as set out below.
1. Changes to these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the site. Your continued use of the site constitutes your agreement to such Terms and Conditions.
2. Your Status
In order to book a course, you must be at least 18 years old and you must be legally capable of entering into binding contracts. In signing up to an online summer course, you agree that you have the necessary basic ICT skills to complete such a course, together with suitable hardware, software and internet access. Mayo Education Centre are not responsible for the provision of hardware or software to participants in order to take part in courses, or for any issues relating to your personal internet conection.
3. Availability of Courses
Any course booked through this site is subject to availability. On occasion, a particular course advertised may not run. In that instance we will offer you a place on an alternative course. We reserve the right to decline to supply any individual, or to refuse any booking for a course.
Payment must be made online using the Stripe payment system. Payment for summer courses are non-refundable.
4.1 Credit Terms and Conditions
Full payment is required to complete a course booking. Payment must be made online through the Stripe payment system.
Summer course fees are non-refundable even in cases where participants fail to fully attend or commence courses, or do not complete courses, unless otherwise stated at the time of booking.
Mayo Education Centre reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule any course at any time. Mayo Education Centre also reserves the right to re-schedule the start dates of all courses and, if necessary, to vary the content. Except where expressly stated, all fees are non-refundable. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on the website, it may be subject to later alteration or amendment in the light of policy changes, course updates or other constraints.
5. Access to Online Courses
You will have access to the online course material from the 1st July to the 20th August. Note that the course closing date is subject to change from year to year. It is your responsibility to be aware of the course closing date for the current year. All online summer course fees are non-refundable.
You will need to register on the e-learning website to gain access to your online course. Your username must be the name you have used to register with the teaching council, and you will also have to submit your teaching council number. This username is for your use only. Should you give your username and password to any other person and in the event that the course material is accessed by a third party to whom you have given your username and password, Mayo Education Centre may terminate your participation in the course without refund of fees.
No course bookings will be permitted after the 17th August 2021. This stipulation is in place to ensure that registrants will have the necessary turnaround time available to them, to register, undertake the course work, achieve the required standard needed to complete the course content fully and seek & attain course approval, from their course tutor, in the allotted time frame.
6. Summer Course Terms and Conditions
By creating an account on this Site you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions of participating on a summer course:
1. I will engage with the material on this course, the course tutor and the other participants in a way that is respectful and courteous at all times.
2. I undertake to spend at least 10 hours working on the course material online, and that the remainder of my 20 hours of CPD can be spent in either an on or offline capacity, as ten self-verified hours for other learning activities.
3. I am aware that if I am found plagiarising others' work, I will be immediately removed from the course, without refund of fees.
4. I am expected to engage with the course material, forums, tutor and participants in a meaningful way over at least 3 days cumulatively. If I log on and complete the entire course in a shorter period, then I will not receive course approval.
5. I understand that all aspects of the course must be completed by me in order to receive course approval. Incomplete applications for course approval will not be accepted.
6. If my course tutor does not grant me course approval, I will receive written feedback on what I need to do to gain approval. If time allows I may then return to the course and complete the requirements as set out by the tutor. It is my responsibility as the participant to make sure that I allow myself enough time to complete all requirements as set out by the course and the tutor, before the course closing date.
7. Once the course closes, there is no access allowed to course material or forums etc thereafter. It is my responsibility to ensure that I have all work completed by the course closing date. It is also my responsibility to ensure that I am aware of when the closing date for the course is.
8. Participants must complete a Personal Learning Journal, the contents of which should clearly reflect their engagement with the course content. The Personal Learning Journal should contain personal thoughts and reflections in response to engaging with the course material, that demonstrates the personal & professional development that has taken place. I understand that compiling this learning record is my responsibility and that it must be done before access to the course closes.
9. Certification. Certification will be available for me to download upon successful completion of my course. I understand that it is my responsibility to download and keep safe my EPV Certificate as soon as it becomes available to me and that in the event of it being mislaid, there will be an administration charge to obtain a letter of course completion from Mayo Education Centre. Duplication of this certificate is fraudulent and will be dealt with in the appropriate manner.
WARNING: Download and save your course certificate to your computer as soon as it becomes available to you, and email it to yourself as a backup. Your certificate will NOT be available on this site after the last working day of September.
10. If I am not happy with the decision of the course tutor, I may appeal in writing to the Director of Mayo Education Centre, outlining clearly my reasons for appeal, within 5 working days of the tutor’s decision. The decision of the Director will be final in this matter and no further communication will be entered into.
11. In the event of needing assistance, I can contact the course tutor through the Moodle messaging service. Alternatively, for more urgent technical or administrative queries I can contact Mayo Education Centre by email at email@example.com (Mon - Thursday 9am- 5pm, Fridays 9am - 4pm). Please do not contact the office for ‘How-To’ queries in relation to forums, assignments or quizzes etc. For this information please refer to the 'Tutorial Videos' in the Help Section of the course.
7. Liability and Disclaimer
To the extent permitted by law, we provide the Site without any warranties or guarantees. In particular, we do not warrant that the site or any of its contents are virus free. You must take your own precautions in this respect, as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything, which has destructive properties. Although we do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the site, we cannot guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay. The site provides content from other sources and while we try to ensure that material included on the site is correct, we cannot accept responsibility if this is not the case. This disclaimer does not affect your organisation’s statutory rights.
To the full extent allowed by law, you agree that Mayo Education Centre will not be liable to you for any consequential or incidental damages (including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or relating to the Site. If we are found to be liable to you our liability shall not exceed the course fees.
8. Use of Material on the Website
For the purposes of this agreement, "material" includes, without limitation, text, video, graphics and sound material, published on the site. On some courses, you may be able to download and print extracts from the material and make copies of these for your own personal and non-commercial use only. You are not allowed to download or print the material, or extracts from it, in a systematic or regular manner or otherwise so as to create a database in electronic or paper form comprising all or part of the material appearing on the site. You must not reproduce any part of the Site or the material or transmit it to or store it in any other website or disseminate any part of the material in any other form, unless we have indicated that you may do so.
9. Governing Law
The Terms and Conditions shall for all purposes be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Ireland. You and Mayo Education Centre agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Ireland. The place and performance of this agreement shall be Ireland.
10. Data Protection
All information received by us from your use of this site will be in accordance with Mayo Education Centre’s Data Protection Policy. We respect the value of personal information provided by you and will only otherwise transfer this information to the software host for the site in order to facilitate your booking.
Mayo Education Centre will on occasion communicate with you in order to keep you informed about relevant updates to our eLearning site, new events or courses on offer, updates to our policies or other relevant information.
11. Contact Us
If you have any questions or queries please contact us providing you name, e-mail address and telephone number, addressing your correspondence to Mayo Education Centre, Westport Road, Castlebar, Co. Mayo. or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Site or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Site more useful to you. Essentially, cookies are a user’s identification card for the Moodle servers. Web beacons are small graphic files linked to our servers that allow us to track your use of our Site and related functionalities. Cookies and web beacons allow us to serve you better and more efficiently, and to personalize your experience on our Site.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
When you use and access the Site, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Site and we use different types of cookies to run the Site:
- Essential cookies. Necessary for the operation of the Site. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of user accounts, or offer Site features.
- Analytical/performance cookies. Allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the Site when using it. This helps us improve the way the Site works.
- Functionality cookies. Used to recognize you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. Record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Site and the more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
To view a list of Moodle cookies, please read our Cookies Table below
In addition to our own cookies, we do not currently, but may in future also use various third-party cookies to report usage statistics of the Site and refine marketing efforts.
- Tracking cookies. Follow on-site behaviour and tie it to other metrics allowing better understanding of usage habits.
- Optimization cookies. Allow real-time tracking of user conversion from different marketing channels to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Partner cookies. Provide marketing conversion metrics to our partners so they can optimize their paid marketing efforts.
To view a list of third-party cookies that we use, please view our Cookies table.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use some or all of the features we offer. You may not be able to log in, store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
The tables below list some of the internal and third-party cookies we use. As the names, numbers, and purposes of these cookies may change over time, this page may be updated to reflect those changes. For more information on how we use these cookies, please refer to our Cookies Policy.
|Host Name||Cookie Name||Purpose||Expiration||More Information|
|Moodle||_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 Years|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.||Session|
|_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||Session|
|Host Name||Cookie Name||Purpose||Expiration||More information|
|google-analytics.com||collect||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Session||www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html|