This course will provide teachers with a bank of games and digital resources which they can use in their classrooms to support the teaching of Gaeilge and the facilitation of the new Primary Language Curriculum. The course will give teachers the confidence to plan and create meaningful activities around the needs of their pupils with a focus on fun, child-led learning through games and digital technologies. Teachers will be enabled to set clear objectives for their games/ICT lessons and also equipped with the skills to adapt and assess these activities.The assignment aspects of this course will be hands-on and give teachers the opportunity to practice and demonstrate their new learning. The course will provide teachers with a renewed energy and approach towards the teaching of Gaeilge, which will support them in creating a classroom where a love for the language is fostered
- Reflect on their current practice of teaching Gaeilge
- Identify the benefits and potential of using cluichí in their teaching
- Set clear game objectives for their class using assessment and the Primary Language Curriculum as a support
- Effectively adapt a variety of games to suit their Gaeilge theme, class level, pupil needs and differentiation
- Create their own card games, board games, oral language games and physical games
- Acquire a bank of games to use upon their return to the classroom (adaptable for all classes)
- Increase their confidence around the use of cluichí in the classroom
- Develop an excitement and positivity around the planning for Gaeilge next year through the incorporation of cluichí
- Explore a variety of online resources which support the teaching and learning of Gaeilge
Aislinn Nic Pháidín
Aislinn has been working as a primary school teacher since 2013 and has a passion for all things education, but in particular the teaching of Gaeilge.
Her love for Gaeilge stems from her experience at both primary and secondary level, having attended a Gaelscoil and Gaelcholáiste in Co. Kildare.
Despite her own love for the language, Aislinn recognises that not all teachers have the same experience, attitude or confidence . Is Múinteoir Mé was founded by Aislinn Nic Pháidín in 2020 and through Is Múinteoir Mé, Aislinn creates high quality Gaeilge resources for teachers to use within the classroom.
She also delivers training courses to teachers across the country to support various different aspects of 'múineadh na Gaeilge' and hopes to make Gaeilge exciting and accessible for all teachers and pupils.
This course runs from Monday 4th July - Friday 19th August.
Registration is now open and the last date for registration is Wednesday 17th August.
Access to the course closes at 5pm on 19th August for all participants.
This course is approved for E.P.V. certification by the Department of Education
By registering for this course you are agreeing to Mayo Education Centre's Site Policy for use of this website, available to view at the bottom of your screen.