Digital Technologies (DT) and their use across the curriculum has increased greatly in recent years through the Digital Strategy for schools. ICT is a wonderful way of enhancing a child's education and also has huge benefits for our own work as teachers when it comes to planning, learning and assessment. In this course participants will:
- Develop confidence in using DT to enhance teaching, learning and assessment.
- Demonstrate how DT can promote active learning opportunities for students.
- Become familiar with an array of online resources and materials to support teaching,learning and assessment.
- Develop an awareness of safety concerns linked with online teaching and learning.
- Develop an appreciation of the benefits of implementing an appropriate DT system to support both the management & administration functions in planning, preparing and reflecting effectively.
- Identify opportunities to use DT as a source for school self evaluation and as a tool to support school self evaluation.
Adrian Ormsby (BBS (Hons), Post DipPrim Ed)) is a teaching principal in Holy Angels National School, Clogher, Co. Mayo.
He has been a facilitator and tutor in the area of ICT in Education for many years. Adrian has delivered a number of varied courses both online and face to face for both the PDST and the ESCI.
Adrian has designed and delivered a number of online webinars for Mayo & Sligo Education Centres and was also the co-creator of the Virtual Sports Day resource that was delivered to over 2500 teachers through all 26 Education Centres in 2020.
Caroline Sweeney (B.Ed. (Hons); M.Ed. ICT & Education (Hons)) is a member of staff at St. Patricks De La Salle Boys National School, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
Caroline has a passion for embedding ICT in education and has vast experience as a facilitator for the PDST, ESCI, SESS, NPC and for Hibernia College.
Caroline has previously co designed summer courses for Hibernia College and created website for teachnet.
She will be familiar to many for delivering a variety of both online and face to face webinars and courses for both Mayo & Sligo Education Centres.
Both Adrian and Caroline have worked extensively over the years together in creating a number of different courses for teachers to enhance teaching and learning in the classroom. They combine to give an honest evaluation of what works best in both the larger and smaller school setting as well as for those in special education.
This course runs from Monday 4th July - Friday 19th August.
Registration is now open and the last date for registration is Wednesday 17th August.
Access to the course closes at 5pm on 19th August for all participants.
This course is approved for E.P.V. certification by the Department of Education
By registering for this course you are agreeing to Mayo Education Centre's Site Policy for use of this website, available to view at the bottom of your screen.